Tuesday, September 6, 2011

TRIP II


The last time I went to L.A. I remember it being an extreme disappointment. I wanted there to be movie stars scattering the town and glamorous shops lining the streets. I expected the rich and glamorous to be everywhere. And what hit me was miles of highway, dirt, and bums. So, its understandable I didn't have the best time. But this summer, with my expectations held so low... I ended up being favourably pleased with my trip to So-Cal.
We flew in to LA X and as my family was waiting to be whisked off the rent-a-car shuttle, who do I see but Brendan Frasier being picked up in a luxurious vehicle! After picking out a automobile, my family drove through the sunny city (I found surprisingly pretty compared to last time!) to Venice Beach. The breeze was perfect, the air salty, and the palm trees added to the vacation feel. My nerves and stress went down about two hundred percent. We strolled down the pier and got the unusually treat of seeing a large group of dolphins splashing through the waves mere feet away. A little sea lion also did a fun display for us. We kept walking down the beach, gazing at the expensive housing lining the walk. Many California natives were walking dogs, roller skating, and jogging. Once we got closer to Muscle beach, the array of shops started popping up. Small booths filled with souvenirs (nick-knacks, tees), incense, bracelets. Tattoo shops and piercing parlors. Henna and Massages. Taco stands, churro vendors. Lots of "Kush Doctors", Bong shops, and Pipe stores. Skate boarders brushed past us. The amount of pit bulls increased drastically. The vibe felt so young and rebellious. After becoming tired (and it reaching almost 9 at night), we decided to get a bite to eat at a Middle Eastern restaurant and then head to the hotel to get a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment